Welcome to SmartPanel!
Welcome to your SmartPanel Gateway! The Gateway is where you will access available surveys, update your contact information, participate in the Idea Exchange, and more.
Not yet a member? Get started by clicking "Join Now" at the top right of your screen.
Join the Panel
Joining FGI's SmartPanel is free and only takes a few minutes. With the very first survey you take, your opinions will be heard by some of the largest companies in the world. Participating in market research surveys is a great opportunity to influence the products and services that are offered to you as a consumer. In addition, our SmartPanel members are eligible for great prizes and other rewards in exchange for their participation.
As part of SmartPanel, you will receive invitations to participate in online surveys, focus groups, online communities, in-home product tests and more. Notification of new opportunities will come via email, but you should also log into your Gateway regularly as they will appear there as well.
How it Works
When you join FGI's SmartPanel, you become part of a team, dedicated to delivering quality research. Our research surveys cover a variety of different subjects, for companies in many different industries. The one thing they have in common is that your feedback has the power to shape the way these companies interact with YOU, the customer. Your feedback helps companies make their decisions about how to improve the products and services they offer.
When you receive an invitation to a research opportunity, such as a survey, community or focus group, we count on you to provide honest answers to the questions being asked. The great thing about participating in these research studies through SmartPanel is that your responses are completely anonymous. None of your personal information is shared outside of FGI, so you can feel free to answer questions about a variety of topics.
Payments for SmartPanel online surveys range from individual payments, drawings for cash prizes, gift cards, or physical prizes such as televisions or appliances. Be sure to read the Payment and Prize Drawing Rules below for information about incentive payments.
Payment and Prize Rules
For surveys where per person incentives are offered, payment will typically be delivered via PayPal, although in some cases delivery will be made through postal mail or other means. Anticipated delivery method will be identified in the language of the invitation to the survey.
Payments for projects that are completed in any calendar month will be processed no later than the end of the following calendar month. A completed project shall be defined as having obtained all necessary completed interviews and being closed to future participants. In some cases this may mean that a panelist is not paid until several months after they complete the research activity. For example, if a panelist completes a survey on August 19th, but responses to said survey are still being collected through mid-September, payments may not be disbursed until the end of October.
When payments are processed via PayPal, panelists will receive an automated email from PayPal once their payment has been processed for delivery. If a panelist has an existing PayPal account linked to the email address they have provided to FGI, this payment will be automatically credited to that account. If the panelist has no PayPal account, or has a PayPal account linked to another email address, they will be able to open a new account through PayPal to receive their funds.
For panelists who have no existing PayPal account, funds disbursed from FGI to PayPal for payment will be available for retrieval for thirty days from the delivery of the automated email, as per PayPal's policy. During this period, the panelist must open a PayPal account in order to complete their transaction and access the funds. After thirty (30) days, those funds will be deemed to be refused by the panelist, and they will automatically be returned to FGI. If a panelist does not wish to be paid via PayPal, that panelist should not respond to research opportunities that identify PayPal as the delivery method in the survey invitation. Unfortunately, FGI cannot provide alternate methods of payment for PayPal studies.
For surveys where prize drawings are offered instead of direct cash payments for participation, the following rules apply:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. One prize per person. Prize Drawing begins with the beginning of each calendar month and ends with the end of each calendar month.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Prize Drawing is open only to legal residents living in the United States and Canada who are at least 18 years of age. Employees of FGI Research, their affiliates, subsidiaries, and their immediate families (or those living in their same households) are not eligible to participate in the Prize Drawing. By entering the Prize Drawing, participants agree to these Official Rules. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All Federal, State and local laws and regulations apply.
HOW TO ENTER: The Prize Drawing is an electronic randomized drawing, sponsored by FGI Research. There are two (2) ways to enter the Prize Drawing.
1. To enter via the Internet: Upon receiving an e-mail to participate in a survey or other printed notification from FGI Research, review the directions and follow the links and instructions for entry. After you have submitted the required information and completed the survey, you will receive one (1) entry into the Prize Drawing. For each additional survey that you complete in a calendar month, you will receive one (1) entry into that month's Prize Drawing.
2. To enter through the mail: Hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, e-mail address (if any), and age on a 3"x 5" piece of paper. Mail it in a hand-addressed envelope to FGI Research, Panel Relations Manager, 6350 Quadrangle Drive, Suite 310, Chapel Hill, NC 27517. Entries made by Internet will be deemed made by authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If the potentially winning entry is an Internet or other computer entry, potential winner must provide FGI Research with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potentially winning entry.
- PRIZE DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Winner(s) will be selected in an electronic randomized drawing from all eligible entries received from the Internet portion of the Prize Drawing and the alternative means of entry [mail]. The Prize Drawing(s) will be held at the completion of the calendar month. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any non-cash prize with a prize of equal or less value for prizes that become unavailable. Potential winner will have 10 days from receipt of winning notification to claim his/her prize. This is accomplished by verification of eligibility and physical address. If these conditions cannot be verified, then an alternate winner will be selected. Non-compliance or, if a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim prize, or if the Prize Notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, an alternate winner will be selected.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer, telephone transmissions, technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Prize Drawing, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate player's eligibility to participate in the Prize Drawing. In the event any portion of this Prize Drawing is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Prize Drawing, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Internet portion of the Prize Drawing, but may continue with the free, alternate means of entry portion. The prize will then be awarded, in a random drawing from all entries received prior to such a suspension. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem with the Prize Drawing entry generated by computer hardware or software malfunction, error or failure. Sponsor's sole responsibility for any irregular Prize Drawing entry is replacement with another entry. If a potential winning entry is made by Internet or other computer entry, that potential winner may be required to provide with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the electronic mail address associated with the potential winning entry.
- TAX INFORMATION: All taxes and fees on prizes won are the sole responsibility of the winner.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any issues discussed here, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Solely sponsored by: FGI Research
FGI has the utmost respect for the privacy of respondent information,and we vigorously protect it. The panel recruitment process takes place on a secure link, and the information you provide in the profile questionnaire is protected by multiple layers of security, accessible only to the FGI team responsible for maintaining the panel.